New York Employment Attorneys
The Harman Firm understands that employment disputes can have an overwhelming, even devastating impact on people’s personal and professional lives. Employment disputes also interrupt business operations. When disputes arise, the Firm aims to build bridges between the employees and employers. When that is not possible, the Firm prides itself on delivering zealous advocacy and helping clients cope with the financial and emotional challenges of a legal battle. We offer the time, talent, and support needed when confronting current or former employers, employees, coworkers, and colleagues.
Few are prepared for the trauma caused by sexual harassment or discrimination based on characteristics such as race, age, gender, pregnancy, disability, or sexual orientation. The Firm encourages the victims of discrimination to come forward with their claims, and to consult an attorney regarding their legal options. We are prepared to analyze and address the challenges caused by illegal employment practices.
The Harman Firm also provides counseling services to small and medium sized businesses on various matters, including preparation of employee manuals and advising on employee and independent contractor matters, drafting hiring agreements and separation agreements, vendor contracts and master service agreements.
We pride ourselves on keeping abreast of changes in the field of employment law. Every day The Harman Firm works to inform the public about the ever-changing nature of employment matters. Go to our BLOG for a discussion of current developments in employment law or follow us on Twitter @TheHarmanFirm.
- MLK's Legacy and The Cutting Edge of the 2015 Labor Movement It is common knowledge that the sustained
- Reflections on the Reasons We Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Part 2) In 2011 Washington University professor Michael
- Reflections on the Reasons We Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Part 1) Each year, this country celebrates Martin Luther
- NLRB Announces Consolidated Hearings For Joint Employers McDonald's, USA, LLC and Its Franchisees, Addressing Violations of National Labor Relations Act Recently there has been a well-publicized wave of
- Muslim Woman Not Allowed to Wear Khimar (Headscarf) at Work; Sues NYC Transit Authority for Religious Discrimination On September 30, 2014, the District Court for